Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS PATAmPOWER?
PATA’s Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) software platform that aggregates data about the Asia Pacific visitor economy.
WHY WAS PATAmPOWER DEVELOPED?
In today’s Big Data era, to make travel and tourism data available in a “one-stop-shop” environment, on demand, anytime, anywhere from any personal computer or mobile device, and provide the following benefits to users:
- Improve productivity
- Provide faster insights
- Enable smarter decisions
WHAT DATA DOES PATAmPOWER CONTAIN?
A range of indicators are grouped in the following categories:
- Visitors – International Visitor Arrivals (IVAs), IVA by Origin, Average Length of Stay, Gender, Mode of Transport, Purpose of Visit; City Visitors
- Expenditure – Total Expenditure, Average Expenditure per Visitor, Average Daily Expenditure;
- Origin Markets – Source Markets;
- Aviation – Flight Frequency, Seat Availability
- Accommodation – Occupancy, Development Pipeline, RevPAR, ADR, Number of Rooms Available (Supply);
- Digital Indicators – Top 10 travel websites, Time Spent on Travel Websites, Internet Users %, Mobile Users %
- Sustainability – Good Practices;
- Forecasts – Forecast Visitor Arrivals, Forecast Arrivals by Origin, Forecast Expenditure.
WHO CAN USE PATAmPOWER?
Anyone can access PATAmPOWER, either as a PATA member or by subscribing. Access levels to data are as follows:
|PATA Membership Category||Access Level||Benefit||Charts|
Government Level2 – 4a and 4b
Allied Partner – National
Hospitality – Corporate (International)
Corporate – Multinational
|Government Level2 -Provincial/State /Municipal/CVBs
Allied Partner – Provincial/State/Municipal
Hospitality – Corporate (National and Local)
Hospitality – Property
Hospitality – General
Travel Agency/Tour Operator
Hospitality – Corporate Affiliate
SME & RTA
Young Tourism Professional
WHEN DID PATAmPOWER BECOME AVAILABLE?
PATAmPOWER was released on 3 April 2012 to PATA members for preview, and was officially launched at the PATA Annual Meeting on 20 April, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
WOULD YOU LIKE FURTHER INFORMATION OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please send an email to the PATAmPOWER team: mpower@PATA.org