Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS PATAmPOWER?
PATA’s Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) software platform that aggregates data about the Asia Pacific visitor economy.
WHY WAS PATAmPOWER DEVELOPED?
In today’s Big Data era, to make travel and tourism data available in a “one-stop-shop” environment, on demand, anytime, anywhere from any personal computer or mobile device, and provide the following benefits to users:
- Improve productivity
- Provide faster insights
- Enable smarter decisions
WHAT DATA DOES PATAmPOWER CONTAIN?
A range of indicators are grouped in the following categories:
- Visitors – International Visitor Arrivals (IVAs), IVA by Origin, Average Length of Stay, Gender, Mode of Transport, Purpose of Visit, City Visitors;
- Visitor Receipts – Total Receipts, Average Expenditure per Visitor, Average Daily Expenditure;
- Source Markets
- Aviation – Flight Frequency, Seat Capacity;
- Accommodation – Room Supply, Development Pipeline, Occupancy, RevPAR, ADR;
- Digital Engagement – Internet Users %, Mobile Users %;
- Forecasts – Forecast Visitor Arrivals, Forecast Arrivals by Origin, Forecast Receipts.
WHO CAN USE PATAmPOWER?
PATA Member can access PATAmPOWER. Access levels to data are as follows:
|PATA Membership Category||Access Level||Benefit||Charts|
|Allied Partners – National
Aviation – Level I & II
Corporates – International
Corporate – Multinational
Governments – Level I
Governments (National) – Level ll
|Allied Partner Provincial/State/Municipal
Governments Level II – Provincial/State/Municipal/CVBs
Hospitality – Corporate (National and Local)
Hospitality – General
Hospitality – Property
Travel Agency/Tour Operator
Hospitality – Corporate Affiliate
SME & RTA
Young Tourism Professional
WHEN DID PATAmPOWER BECOME AVAILABLE?
PATAmPOWER was released on 3 April 2012 to PATA members for preview, and was officially launched at the PATA Annual Meeting on 20 April, 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
WOULD YOU LIKE FURTHER INFORMATION OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please send an email to the PATAmPOWER team: mpower@PATA.org